GoodSense Tussin DM Cough and Chest Congestion , 8 Fluid Ounce
- Compare to Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM active ingredients
- Relieves: Cough, Chest Congestion and Mucus
- Alcohol Free
- For Ages 12 & Over
Coughing is your body’s way of removing foreign materials and mucus from your lungs and upper airways. As such, coughs often are useful; however, even in their usefulness they can be debilitating. When accompanying a cold, coughing can help the body expel mucus and drainage from the lungs and air passages – a good thing, but in normal conversation every third word shouldn’t be a cough. GoodSense Adult Tussin Syrup helps in two ways. Its active ingredient of dextromethorphan HBr helps reduce the urge to cough, while guaifenesin provides an expectorant to loosen phlegm (mucus), thin bronchial secretions, and encourage the bronchial tubes to drain. GoodSense Adult Tussin Syrup temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold.
Do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period. Use only with enclosed measuring cup. Do not use any other device. This adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age. Adults and Children 12 years and over: 2 teaspoons every 4 hours. Children under 12 years: Do not use.
- Active Ingredients (in each 5mL tsp): Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg (cough suppressant). Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg (expectorant).
- Inactive ingredients: anhydrous citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, menthol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sucralose.
- Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus); cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- Product Dimensions: 2.38 x 2.34 x 6.19 inches;
- ASIN: B00D2PAI7K
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews